A flex disc is a torsionally flexible rubber disc used on vehicles with rear-wheel drive (e.g. BMW E36, E39, E46, Mercedes W124, 201, 202, 210) and 4x4 models to transmit torque from the transmission to the propeller shaft and from there to the rear-axle differential.
Flex disc wear is caused by strain as a result of:
- Torque peaks due to sudden acceleration
- Adjustment to axial distance variations
- Adjustment to angular deviations
- Compensation for parallel displacement
- Humidity and other weather influences
Flex disc replacement
Rely on MEYLE flex discs - quality-tested by EWIS AG (European Material Inspection Service). They stand out thanks to their long service life and excellent driving comfort.
As an expert in rubber-to-metal parts engineering we ensure that all system components, the rubber material and steel bushings are designed to perfectly match each vehicle’s individual specification.
- Superior damping and elasticity properties
- Tissue made from high-tech synthetic fibres
- High load-carrying capability of the coils
- Rubber compounds resistant to weathering and high temperatures
- Quality-tested components
The MEYLE range of quality-tested flex discs can be found in the online catalogue and on TecDoc under the part designation Joint, propeller shaft.