MEYLE cabin air filters. Innovative solutions to protect your health.
MEYLE cabin air filters keep air pollution outside the vehicle. Due to increasing air pollution particularly in cities and urban areas, MEYLE offers a comprehensive selection of MEYLE cabin air filters, featuring particle and activated carbon filters. Innovative filter specifications provide drivers and passengers with optimal protection from dangerous and harmful gases, particles, fine dust, pollen and soot. There are also filter media that filter allergens, fungi and bacteria from the air. Cabin air filters not only require a precise fit and a high-quality filter medium, but also need to be replaced on a regular basis, as stated in the manufacturer’s specifications.
The MEYLE cabin air filter selection.
With the MEYLE cabin air filter specifications such as particle, activated carbon, biofunctional and MEYLE PD cabin air filters, we offer optimal filter solutions for any requirements.
The biofunctional MEYLE cabin air filter. Optimal protection from fungi, bacteria and allergens.
With this innovative filter specification, MEYLE offers protection from bacteria and, thanks to its fungicidal effect, prevents the growth of mould and fungi on the filter surface – for even cleaner and healthier air inside. The biofunctional MEYLE cabin air filter features a special antibacterial layer, thus preventing the growth of moulds that can lead to respiratory issues and allergic reactions for vehicle passengers.
Particularly for those with allergies, the special biofunctional MEYLE cabin air filter with antibacterial function can improve road safety, as allergies, watery eyes and sneezing can impair the driver and passengers and cost crucial seconds in an emergency.
The design of the biofunctional MEYLE cabin air filter.
The innovative biofunctional MEYLE cabin air filter comprises four layers which purify the air before it enters the vehicle interior:
- The biofunctional layer is antibacterial and prevents mould growth.
- The activated carbon layer filters out harmful gases such as ozone (O3), sulphur dioxide (SO2) and nitrogen oxides (NOx).
- The carrier fleece forms the basis for the activated carbon layer and the biofunctional layer.
- The particle filter layer filters dust, pollen, soot and dirt from the air.
Important: Replace the biofunctional MEYLE cabin air filter on a regular basis.
If replaced too infrequently, filters can begin to clog, preventing sufficient purification of air before it enters the vehicle interior and reducing airflow from outside. For optimal filter performance, MEYLE recommends replacing the cabin air filter every 15,000 kilometres or, better yet, twice a year.
Those with allergies in particular should be sure to replace the biofunctional MEYLE ORIGINAL cabin air filter on a regular basis, as the antibacterial, antifungal layer helps ensure comfort whilst driving.
The MEYLE PD cabin air filter. Maximum protection from fine dust and toxic nitrogen oxides.
Health awareness is on the rise, just as the levels of fine dust and nitrogen oxides (NOx) in the air are climbing in large cities and urban areas due to increasing traffic. With the MEYLE PD cabin air filter, we’ve developed a filter that not only removes smog, exhaust, soot, ozone and pollen, but also fine dust and nitrogen oxides (NOx).
MEYLE PD cabin air filter. Unique in the independent automotive aftermarket.
What makes the new MEYLE PD cabin air filter so special: unlike with conventional cabin air filters featuring activated carbon, filtered NOx is chemically bound in the filter material as a salt and is never released again even when disposed of. The new MEYLE PD cabin air filter thus permanently and sustainably reduces NOx in the environment and directly in the cabin. MEYLE is the only manufacturer in the IAM to offer a filter with this property.
The new MEYLE PD cabin air filters have expanded both the existing MEYLE range of nearly 400 cabin air filters and the MEYLE PD product range. MEYLE PD, which stands for Performance Design and spare parts with performance-oriented properties, promises high efficiency. There’s good reason why the MEYLE PD cabin air filter was nominated for the 2022 Automechanika Innovation Award.
The design of the MEYLE PD cabin air filter.
Innovative technology and sophisticated Performance Design ensure much higher filter efficiency for fine dust with low pressure loss and thus a seamless flow of air:
- The cover fleece filters out larger particles of dust.
- The particle medium is outstanding at capturing fine dust.
- The two impregnated layers of activated carbon chemically bind nitrogen oxides (NOx).
- The carrier fleece serves as a basis for the layer of activated carbon and the particle medium.
The innovative MEYLE PD cabin air filter.
With the MEYLE PD cabin air filter, our MEYLE engineers have developed a unique solution to offer protection from fine dust and nitrogen oxides.
Important: Replace the cabin air filter twice a year.
If replaced too infrequently, filters can begin to clog, preventing sufficient purification of air before it enters the vehicle interior and reducing airflow from outside. For optimal filter performance, MEYLE recommends replacing the cabin air filter every 15,000 kilometres or, better yet, twice a year. The tyre changes in spring and autumn are a good opportunity. Over time fine dust, soot, pollen and even insects clog the filter, resulting in a gradual loss of function.
How to replace the cabin air filter in the car:
- Consult the manufacturer’s specifications to determine where the filter is installed. Remove the cover to expose the cabin air filter.
- Remove the old cabin air filter, taking note of the direction of installation (airflow marked with an arrow). Explanation: if the filter is installed the wrong way round, the filter will become saturated in a very short period of time and cease to function. Note: cabin air filters always filter from coarse to fine.
- Insert the new cabin air filter, paying special attention to the direction of installation, and then reattach the cover.