MEYLE-HD: better than OE.
MEYLE-HD stands for High Durability: Technically refined parts with 4-year guarantee
An increasing number of recalls, poorly conceived technology in the vehicle and in the installed production parts, and complicated installation and removal – these often lead to anger and frustration for workshop employees and drivers!
MEYLE does it better: our MEYLE-HD products are technically superior to the OE part, whilst the reinforced and optimised design and high-quality materials make them more durable and reliable – as a result, they simply last longer and often outperform OE parts.
Our MEYLE engineers analyse these OE parts, their weaknesses and potential for improvement, use their findings to develop better parts, and are involved in the entire process, from development to manufacturing at our own production facilities or at those of our international production partners. There’s a 4-year guarantee on all MEYLE-HD parts.*
MEYLE-HD – simply impressive:
- Designed for a long service life: top-quality car parts which are technically superior to the OE part.
- Cost and time-savings: MEYLE-HD parts are developed for professional and easy installation at the workshop. The installation materials are always included, if required, eliminating the need for any additional expensive special tools
- Quality straight from the manufacturer: your one-stop shop for analysis, development, production and guarantee
* Further information about the guarantee: www.meyle.com/guarantee
MEYLE-HD: Our re-engineering process
MEYLE-HD ball pins for passenger cars are significantly larger than those of OE manufacturers. We enlarge the ball pins, reduce the surface pressure and thus increase the service life considerably. MEYLE-HD ball pins have exactly the load-bearing ball diameter required for a durable joint. They therefore clearly last longer than the OE ball pins.
MEYLE-HD transmission bearings convince through optimized design and an adapted rubber compound – leading to a longer service life of the part. One additional thread ensures that it can be used for several models – in contrast to the OE versions in which, depending on the engine type, different components must be used. The optimum rubber compound ensures less heat development and therefore less wear and cracking – so the part simply lasts longer than the OE part.
MEYLE quality campaign: Water pumps with SiC/SiC mechanical seal. The material‘s superior hardness sets it apart from the quality standards typically found on the aftermarket, delivering extraordinary durability and increased service life while minimising friction. Leading car makers also rely on this type of sealing which is fitted in MEYLE water pumps.
The comprehensive range of MEYLE-HD stabilizer links for commercial vehicles allows repair professionals to provide value-added repair services while minimising vehicle downtime.
MEYLE-HD stabilizer link improvement at a glance.
• Superb part strength thanks to a larger ball pin made from surface-hardened steel and a reinforced connecting rod
• Use of top-grade rubber boots for reliable protection against contaminants and moisture
• High-performance grease ensures reliable lubrication
To increase part life the MEYLE tie rod end for trucks features more robust materials and a reinforced design.
Optimisations at a glance:
• Larger MEYLE-HD ball pin delivers a 25% higher load-carrying capacity
• Suspension system with integrated permanent wear adjustment
• Highly wear-resistant plastic plain bearing
• High-quality rubber sleeve provides long-lasting sealing performance thanks to radial and axial seal system
• Permanent anti-corrosion protection thanks to zinc-flake coating
When cornering, driving off or braking strut mounts are put under considerable strain. This effect becomes even stronger as the van’s payload increases. To maximise part durability MEYLE has re-engineered the rolling bearing and forged spring plate. The result: Thanks to its optimised design the MEYLE-HD strut mount delivers a considerably longer service life than the OE part.
Refinements of the MEYLE-HD strut mount at a glance.
• Increasing the number of rolling bearing elements allows acting loads to be distributed more evenly and helps increase overall load-bearing capacity and extend part life
• The spring plate of the MEYLE-HD part is forged rather than cast as with the OE part, which makes the MEYLE-HD component more robust and less vulnerable to cracking